Our team continue to work tirelessly to keep the practice a safe and clean environment for you. As a Dental Practice, we work in an environment where the prevention of the spread of a whole range of infections is woven into everything we do. In addition to our usual scrupulous cross infection control measures, we have been paying particularly close attention to all government guidance and updates related more specifically to Coronavirus. Given the unprecedented situation in the UK regarding the rapidly spreading COVID-19 virus, we have introduced new measures in the best interests of our patients and staff. Looking after the health of our patients is our absolute priority and so we will be operating an emergency service for our patients who have urgent pain, swelling or bleeding. If you urgently need assistance, please us on 01443 812559 (Ystrad Mynach) or 01443 451851 (Nelson). Routine and non urgent appointments are being postponed. If you require an urgent dental appointment and are displaying symptoms of Coronavirus, or you live with others and one of them have symptoms, call 01633 744387. Stay at home if you have either:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
- if you have been in contact with any person suspected or confirmed as having coronavirus, or
- if you have recently returned from a category 1 or 2 country
For over 70s, and those with pre existing medical conditions which place them into the ‘vulnerable’ category we are unable to provide appointments at present. If this applies to you and you have a dental emergency, please call 111 for advice. If you are unsure whether you fall into a vulnerable category please call us for advice.
- We’re sad to say we have had to lock our doors and allow access to the practice strictly by urgent appointment only, pre arranged by telephone
- Please observe the 2m distancing rule
- All patients will be asked to use hand sanitiser on arrival – we will provide this
- Please bring your own pen to complete forms
- Please pay by card, contactlessly where possible
- Patients are asked not to bring chaperones to reduce unnecessary numbers of people in the practice (if bringing children or disabled patients please limit to one chaperone)
As a team, we are doing everything we possibly can to remain fit, well and able to work so that we can continue our usual high standard of dental care for you.
Thank you for your support, and stay safe