Sadly, we will not get to enjoy all the spooky events that occur around half term and Halloween as we continue to support the Government’s efforts in reducing the spread of coronavirus. However, our spirits are still high as we have enjoyed decorating both practices. Check out our scary visitors!!
COVID 19 can be spread by touching surfaces contaminated with the virus so trick or treating is not being encouraged this year. But that does not mean you cannot have fun! Here are some fun suggestions that we have come up with and maybe you can come up with some more of your own that you would like to share with us. We would love to see your ideas.
Spellbinding ideas include:
- Watch some scary movies with your family
- Decorate your house
- Organise a Halloween treasure hunt in your house or garden
- Dress up and host a virtual Halloween party with friends and family
- Decorate your mask/face covering with scary stickers or a Halloween theme
- Make a Halloween themed dinner/lunch – Pinterest have some Spooktacular ideas!
- Learn a magic trick
Ultimately though we want to keep your teeth healthy, so some small bits of advice are:
- Eat a big meal before you get stuck into the sweets
- Stop children having sweets an hour before bed and assure they brush their teeth for 2 minutes with fluoride toothpaste before they go to bed. Spit out the toothpaste and do not rinse it off your teeth. The fluoride has a protective factor.
- If you wear braces – avoid eating any sticky or hard as these can damage the braces
- Damage is caused to the teeth due to the frequency of their exposure to sugar. It is not the amount that causes the damage, it is how many times the teeth are exposed to sugar so do not snack on sweets on sweets and chocolates. Let them choose their favourites on Halloween and eat these all in one go as it limits the length of time that the teeth are exposed to sugar.
Let’s have fun and stay safe!!
For free oral health and dietary advice please call us on 01443 812559 (Ystrad Mynach) or 01443 451851 (Nelson) and a member of our friendly team will be happy to help you
Happy Halloween from all at The Grove