The health of our patients and team are important to us, and we always maintain strict and rigorous hygiene and cross infection measures, however we have had to make changes to the way we work in order to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus. The following measures have been put in place:
Stay at home if you have either:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
- if you have been in contact with any person suspected or confirmed as having coronavirus, or
- if you have recently returned from a category 1 or 2 county
For over 70s, and those with pre existing medical conditions which place them into the ‘vulnerable’ category we are unable to provide appointments at present. This applies if you are pregnant, or have a weakened immune system. If this applies to you and you have a dental emergency, please call 111 for advice. If you are unsure whether you fall into a vulnerable category please call us for advice. Similarly please call us if you just fancy a chat – please don’t feel isolated or alone
- All patients will be asked to use hand sanitiser on arrival – we will provide this
- Please bring your own pen to complete forms
- Card payments are preferable to cash
- You will be directed to a seat by a member of the team to help maintain safe distances
- Patients are not to bring chaperones to reduce unnecessary quantities of people in the practice (if bringing children or assisting with disabled patients limit to one chaperone)
- Please telephone the practice on 01443 812559 (Ystrad Mynach) or 01443 451851 (Nelson) and refrain for calling in to arrange or cancel appointments.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding at this time. This page will be updated as we receive new information.